Posted in Plays

Creating My First Vine

I was dreading this weekly play among the options to complete for our assignments. However, I have learned that this was probably the most useful among creating memes and GIFs (Obviously, can’t compare it to the “Connected Learning Make  Bank” since there were too many good stuff in it).

Anyway, knowing that I wanted to attempt this this weekend, I did some research homework and looked up information about it. In general, I do not like downloading anything on the computer and especially on my phone. I have always been wary about viruses and accidentally having to purchase something. Additionally, I do not have a lot of data on my phone. However, I knew that I would inevitably need to download this app, which I did.

Not really knowing how to play with this thing, I figured to just shoot my videos and do the figuring out later. I knew how to shoot because it was the one and only tutorial I watched. I had my concepts ready and knew that I would be at the mountains before lifts were opened.

My original plan: I wanted to show more of a blank canvas with students arriving to their flag sites to meet with their instructors (the Coordinate), then have some shots of students with the guidance, even at times holding/assisting during snowboarding or skiing down at marker points (the Cooperate), and then show a really busy run with skiers and snowboarders all simultaneously coming down the mountain from different directions and different speeds yet not crashing into each other (the Collaborate).

Playing & learning about Vine: I learned that Vine only allows a total of 6 second clips to be in one video at a time. So, I started to shorten start and end parts that I didn’t care for, beginning and end weren’t often the greatest parts anyway. I quickly discovered that you can move clips around and rearranged them, which allowed me to be more carefree in my shooting. I told myself to just shoot, cut and edit later. So, having to be cognizant of this 6 second time frame, which is short & quick! I wanted to make sure that I got the necessary “parts” to tell my concept.

What actually happened: The fail part was uploading it onto Vine, getting it onto my desktop ready to edit but only to discover that I couldn’t. What I uploaded was basically my production. I was extremely upset because I quickly deleted it, thinking that it’s still on my phone. Nope! Huge fail! I was in a near panic attack because this was what I’ve been thinking about for my play this week and now I lost the video(s)! I had all the other ones that I didn’t use, but not the one that I uploaded, which was comprised of 3-4 different clips.

I was fortunate to recover in the following ways: it was saved on my phone’s “photo” for some reason. Whether I did that on my own or Vine did it, I am not certain. So, I was able to transfer/upload the video saved on my phone onto Vine app (phone). However, the unfortunate part was when I was getting ready to rearrange and cut, I couldn’t do it. It already merged all of what I had as one video. Another grateful and fortunate part was the fact that I did do some rearranging prior, obviously not to my liking (but at least satisfied that the concept was there and the merge made sense). I was also able to add music as I intended and the caption before successfully uploading onto my post and my Twitter!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s